Digital Coordinator, Communications, Digital (Brooklyn)
Who we are:
The Vera Institute of Justice, founded in 1961, is a nonprofit criminal justice organization that strives to build just government institutions and safe communities free from the scourge of racism, white supremacy, profit, and inequity that is pervasive in this country’s legal systems. We are an “inside” lane organization that drives change at scale with ambitious public sector leaders who share our commitment to building anti-racist, reparative systems that deliver justice. We leverage our access to government to transform these systems and work collaboratively with stakeholders across many movements—including advocacy, grassroots, and grassroots organizations. Our role is to pilot solutions that are transformative and achievable, harness the power of evidence to drive effective policy and practice, and use advocacy and communications to change narratives and norms.
Vera has a staff of almost 300 people and offices in New York City, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, and New Orleans. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity in the workplace. We expect our staff to embody respect, independence, collaboration, commitment, anti-racism, and equity—both in our outward-facing work and the internal culture of our workplace. We value a range of experiences in people’s educational backgrounds and encourage people who have been directly impacted by the criminal justice system to apply.
Who you are:
The Digital Content Coordinator will work in close collaboration with members of the digital team to manage digital and web content, project manage various key digital workstreams, and conceptualize and implement digital communications campaigns.
In this role, you will:
Digital Project Management
- Manage a variety of digital special projects across multiple platforms, from drafting email copy to executing social media campaigns to coordinating with program and initiative teams on digital requests.
- Manage content for Vera’s web properties through Content Management Systems (CMS), producing publications, pages, and blogs.
- Work closely with Web Developer, Designer, Web Engagement Lead, Digital Content team to design, launch, and manage website projects to support all of Vera’s campaigns and initiatives.
- Source images and manage digital assets to feature throughout Vera’s website and digital channels.
- Manage modifications and updates to existing projects and pages as needed, for accuracy and user experience.
Team Administration & Coordination
- Consolidate and share digital team invoices with Comms Coordinator to ensure prompt and timely execution of contracted projects and any projects requiring external vendors.
- Process select digital team invoices as needed.
- Coordinate digital team meetings and agendas.
- Monitor digital performance across a range of metrics using digital analytics and insights tools, from Facebook and Twitter to EveryAction and Google Analytics.
- Support and maintain digital analytics dashboard, regularly distributing a dashboard to the digital and communications team.
- Support weekly dashboard for VLT
What qualifications do you need?
- 1-2 years of experience working in content management systems
- 1-2 years of experience writing content for digital channels
- A deep knowledge of the social media landscape. You know what people are talking about, where they’re talking about it, and how Vera can add our voice to the conversation.
- Demonstrated experience creating digital content from conception to implementation. You are detail-oriented but can see the big picture.
- You have keen time management and multitasking skills, including the ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks and duties, pay close attention to detail, and work independently while meeting specific deadlines.
- Exceptional digital communications skills. You have the ability to distill complex topics into accessible, concise, persuasive, and elegant copy.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
List of Required Software applications:
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office
- A working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (mostly Photoshop and Illustrator)
Compensation and Benefits:
The compensation range for this position is $52,500 – $54,600. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to experience and performance. The salary range listed is just one component of Vera Institute’s total compensation package for employees. As an employer of choice in our field, supporting Vera staff—both personally and professionally—is a priority. To do this, we invest in the well-being of our staff through other rewards including merit pay, generous paid time off, a comprehensive health insurance plan, student loan repayment benefits, professional development training opportunities and up to $2,000 annual for education costs and fees relevant to Vera work, employer-funded retirement plan, and flexible time and remote work schedules. To learn more about Vera’s benefits offerings, click here.
Applications may also be faxed to:
ATTN: People Resources / Digital Content Coordinator, Communications, Digital
Vera Institute of Justice
34 35th St, Suite 4-2A, Brooklyn, NY 11232
Fax: (212) 941-9407
Please use only one method (online, mail or fax) of submission.
No phone calls, please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
As a federal contractor, and in order to ensure a healthy and safe work environment, Vera Institute of Justice is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccine before their start date. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical contraindication or sincerely-held religious belief may request an accommodation (e.g., an exemption) to this requirement.
Vera is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, current employment status, or caregiver status.
Vera works to advance justice, particularly racial justice, in an increasingly multicultural country and globally connected world. We value diverse experiences, including with regard to educational background and justice system contact, and depend on a diverse staff to carry out our mission.
For more information about Vera, please visit www.vera.org